Scouting rules dictate a few things that all Adults helping within the Scout Group need to do.
- All adults helping with the group must submit for a DBS within a month of starting. This needs to be renewed at least every 5 years.
There is no charge to have the DBS enquiry completed within Scouting.
- All Parents staying overnight at a Nights Away experience must also have a DBS completed before the event.
- All adults regularly helping within a section need to complete the Getting Started training within 5 months of appointment
- All adults who take a Section Leader or Assistant Section Leader role should complete their Wood Badge within 3 years of appointment
- All who are appointed to the Group Executive are appointed Trustees of the group and registered with the Charities Commission
Getting Started Training:
- Safeguarding (renew every 3 years) – (Link)
- Safety (renew every 3 years) – (Link)
- Essential Information – (Link)
- Tools for the Role – (Link)
- GDPR – (Link)
Adult Leader Training (Wood Badge)
Much of the leader training is completed “on-the-job” and consists of learning and validation. Your training advisor and section leaders will support you through the training programme
- Trustee Introduction – (Link)
At least every 5 years, we should review everyone’s role. This is to ensure that you are still in the right role and plan any changes should you wish to change role. The Adult Review form can be found here: (Link)